ICEM 2018 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
September 5-7, 2018 Tallinn, Estonia
The annual conference of International Council of Educational Media (ICEM) is a meeting place for researchers and practitioners in the field of educational media and technology enhanced learning. ICEM is one of the oldest associations in the field, being established by European ministries of education and UNESCO in 1950. The ICEM 2018 conference will take place at Tallinn University on September 5-7, 2018. The conference programme will include presentations of research results and best practice, hands-on workshops, poster session, industry track and school visits.
Tallinn University is the youngest and most dynamic university in Estonia, focusing its research and study programmes in six domains: educational sciences, social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, digital technology, fine arts and media, sports and health sciences. TLU is the third largest public university in Estonia with 9 000 students and more than 500 academic staff.
Centre for Educational Technology (led by Dr. Kairit Tammets) is a R&D unit within the School of Digital Technologies, Tallinn University. CET is the largest research goup in the domain of Technology-Enhanced Learning in the Baltic region, its staff consists of 25 researchers, incl. 5 researchers from abroad: Germany, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Ghana etc.
The theme of the conference is:
Digital Turn in Education
Conference topics are:
● digital innovation and change management in schools
● school-wide policies and best practices in introducing BYOD in classrooms
● e-textbooks and the next generation digital publishing services in educational domain
● e-assessment and e-exams
● digital competences of students and teachers
● digital learning ecosystems
● learning design and learning analytics
● digital safety in schools
● innovative digital pedagogies
Tracks of the conference are:
1 – Workshops (in Estonian, Russian and English)
2 – Main conference (only in English)
3 – Industry track and fair
4 – Visits to local schools and innovative tech companies (guides in English)
Accepted and presented full and short papers will be published in Springer series Lecture Notes in Educational Technology. Program Committee will select a shortlist of best papers to be published as revised and extended versions in three peer-reviewed journals: Educational Media International, Education and Information Technologies, and Seminar.net.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the online proceedings compendium on the conference web site.
Heli Aru-Chabilan, CEO of HITSA foundation
Panagiotis Kampylis, senior researcher at JRC Seville
Mark West, associate project officer in the section for Teacher Development and Education Sector at UNESCO
● Otto Benavides, ICEM & California State University, Fresno
● Mart Laanpere, Tallinn University
● Hannah Gerber, ICEM & S.Houston State University
● Eva Dobozy, ICEM & Curtin University
● Terje Väljataga, Tallinn University
● Ray Laverty, ICEM
● Kai Pata, Tallinn University
Industry track chair:
● Anita Stangl, ICEM
Program of the conference: