September 28-30, 2011 | Aveiro, Portugal
The ICEM&SIIE’2011 conference was organised by the University of Aveiro (Portugal) – a member of the European Consortium of Innovative Universities – and aimed at gathering researchers, teachers and other professionals, at national and international level, around a focal topic that might trigger and centre the discussion on the ― “old/new” duality of media in education. Participants were invited to discuss:
– old and new media in education, in isolation or comparatively;
– how old and new media in education can be combined, adopted and adapted;
– what old and new media in education imply in terms of technological, professional and social barriers;
– what cost-benefit relationships old and new media in education entail;
– how to compare old and new media in education given their particular educational contexts and the students’ learning profiles.
76 papers were selected and organised in 15 paralel sessions, 13 posters and 9 workshops.
The conference is characterized by the international character of contributions, gathering 38 papers in Portuguese, 32 in English and 6 in Spanish.
These procedings are organised according to the programme of the conference. First we find the full and short papers, per session, then posters and finally the abstracts for the workshops.